The goal of this project was to create an 8-bit microprocessor from scratch using VHDL. This included not only designing all of the hardware, but also the instruction set given a set of requirements. The microprocessor needed to be implemented both on a behavioral level, at a mixed behavioral/structural level, and a full structural RTL level. The structural level is implemented using key structural entities defined behaviorally. The RTL level implementation defines these structural entities down to the gate level.
A fully functional 8-bit microprocessor at the behavioral and gate levels required...
- Access to at least 256 memory lines
- An instruction set that allows the execution of
- 10 signed integer sort routine
- An averaging to the nearest integer of 16 signed integers
- One 8-bit input and one 8-bit output
- Single input-enable bit and single output-ready bit
Behavioral Report - Final report on the behavioral implementation
Behavioral/Structural Report - Final report on the mixed structural implementation
RTL Report - Final report on the RTL structural implementation
Behavioral Files - All files related to this implementation, included VHDL code
Behavioral/Structural Files - All files related to this implementation, including VHDL code
RTL Files - All files related to this implementation, including VHDL code